1. orientation meeting/session [.ɔ:rien'teiʃən] 新生情况介绍会
Ex: The University has arranged an orientation session.
2. professor’s office hour 教授答疑时间
Ex: Many freshmen are uncertain or shy about utilizing a professor’s office hours.
3. lecture ['lektʃə] n. 演讲，讲课
Ex: Several hundred people are expected to attend the lecture.
4. lecture hall n. 讲堂，讲演厅，报告厅
Ex: The lecture hall was jammed when the professor arrived at the very last moment.
5. tutorial [tju:'tɔ:riəl] n. 个别指导
Ex: Small group tutorials are used to discuss problems which come up in lectures.
6. deadline ['dedlain] n. 最后期限，截止时间
Ex: There's no way I can meet that deadline.
7. overdue ['əuvə'dju:] adj. 过期的
Ex: I must take these books back to the library - they're overdue.
There is a fine if the reserved library books are even one hour overdue.
8. schedule ['skedʒul] n. 时间表，计划 v. 安排，计划，
Ex: According to the schedule, the first lecture begins at 9. 00 am
The test is scheduled to begin in one hour.
9. time slot [slɔt] 时间空档
Ex: If you have two final exams scheduled at the same time, you will have to move one exam to another time slot
10. signature ['signitʃə] n. 签字，签名
Ex: Each child must obtain the signature of his or her parents
11. thesis ['θi:sis] n. 毕业论文
Ex: a master's/doctoral thesis on the effects of global warming
12. dissertation [. disə'teiʃən] n. 论文
Ex: He wrote his dissertation on an obscure 16th-century poet.
13. course [kɔ:s] n. 课程
Ex: compulsory/required/mandatory course; elective course, optional course;
foundation course， introductory course， intermediate level course， advanced course
13. elective [i'lektiv] n. 选修科目
Ex: She took three electives last term.
14. option ['ɔpʃən] n. 选修科目
Ex: She is taking French as an option next year
14. assignment [ə'sainmənt] n. 功课，任务
Ex: I have a lot of reading assignments to complete before the end of term.
15. presentation [. prezen'teiʃən] n. (国外学生在课堂上所做的)演讲
Ex: The speaker gave an interesting presentation on urban transport.
16. field work 野外考察 实地考察
Ex：Offered by most departments for academic credit, field work enables students to examine the way the theories and the practical experiences of a particular discipline interact.